- Associate Attorney
Edoardo ("Eddy") Maffia earned a double-major Bachelor of Arts cum laude in Government & Politics and Italian Studies from the University of Maryland. Eddy then earned a Juris Doctorate from Fordham University School of Law where he was a member of the Trial Advocacy team and the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law. Eddy also participated in the Criminal Defense clinic and worked on a successful appeal on a national security case, as well as the International Human Rights clinic, through which he prepared a "Know Your Rights" seminar for refugees in South Africa.
Eddy was then recruited by an insurance company and directly negotiated more than $5,000,000 in bodily-injury settlements. He went on to become an associate at a civil litigation firm where he gained invaluable courtroom experience defending clients from inception to resolution in multimillion dollar civil cases. In 2021, Eddy advanced to another litigation firm where he continued to gain experience in all phases of Federal and State court litigation.
In 2022, Eddy joined Sapone & Petrillo, LLP as an associate attorney, where he continues to litigate in Federal and State courts throughout the tri-state area.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, Cum Laude
- University of Maryland—College Park, College Park, Maryland
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Government & Politics and Italian Studies Double Major
- Morris, Duffy, Alonso, Faley & Pitcoff, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2021 to 2022
- McMahon, Martine & Gallagher, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2019 to 2021
- White Collar Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Defense
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2022